When I first examined the Qur'an, I did not seek to see if it was theologically accurate, or if it contain good moral teachings, but to see if it was historically trustworthy. As a historian, it is important to me that a text be historically accurate. If it is not, then the reliability of this text needs to be seriously scrutinized. As I examined each Surah of the Qur'an, I began to find historical flaws throughout the entire Text. Surah 4:157: And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah ." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. The Qur’an says Jesus was not crucified here. However, there are problems with this. The entire New Testament verifies crucifixion, and earliest writings less than 20 years after his death. Not to mention that there are sources outside the Bible that confirm ...
Comments
Post a Comment